Just one of those days I feel like blogging..

You know, when I first came into Taylor's I didn't expect much stress. Just 3 months into the programme and you can already feel it seeping in. The stress doesn't really come from work coz we don't have much homework except Literature. It's the exams in June that scare you. For A level students that is.

As most of you know, I'm taking Econs, Maths, Psychology and Literature in English. Econs stresses me out a lot when I don't undertsand how to apply the principles. the basic principles are simple, but it's when you have to write an essay that you somehow go blank at times. Not to mention I don't like my econs lecturer all that much. Really have to sit down and start doing my own notes, because the books don't help that much.

Maths is probably one of the more... stress-free classes. Coz we're covering Add maths syllabus again, but more in-depth and with some extra chapters like 3D vectors and Binomial Expansion.

Psychology is pretty cool. Our lecturer is a real psychologist and really knows what he is teaching. Real responsible guy and helps us arrange past year papers for us to practice =)
Only con is the amount of case studies we have to cover by the end of it all. He told us a story that day. There was a woman who came to him once for help. She said that she was always having problems of feeling rejected even by people who loved her very much. After going through her past and diagnosing the problem, my lecturer came to find that until 4 years of age, the woman's mother never touched her. There you go. Our subconscious minds do remember things that our conscious minds may never recall back. However it is stemmed into us and sometimes we just cannot figure out why we behave in a certain way. I guess this is one of those reasons.

Literature in English takes the cake. Never in my life have I ever encountered such a tough subject. Tough to the point that I don't just consider it as an exam subject anymore. It is just so much more. You have to come into class to see and believe. The amount of emotions that actually run through me when reading Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. The thinking.. the analysing.. the lessons in life. The disappointment. Never have I met with such an interesting and intriguing subject in school. Never have I encountered a subject I could not ace lol. That's coz they only teach us crap in WMS.

Being in the humanities has taught me so much more. I just don't feel like the same person I was before. This is what real education should be like. Education of the mind and soul, and not just to regurgitate facts out and expect high marks.

I quote Mark Twain, the father of American literature. "I have never let schooling come in the way of my education."

Let us all hope so... lol.


0 comments: