The thin line.

Sometimes I feel like an alien in this world. Because my thoughts are so bizarre. They way I think. The way I learn. It's human, I can tell. It's just not the way a normal human does things. Perhaps there are plenty of other people out there just like me. Maybe one day I'll get the privilege of meeting them =) Until then.. alien I will be.

The world is made up of thin lines separating ideas from each other.

You know how people always tell you to be yourself? Cliche, or not? Maybe it's just a myth. A fairytale. Because in real life people MAKE you conform, whether you are aware of it nor not. The way you talk, you walk, you eat. Culture. Rules. Knowledge. Society and their norms.

"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
Jean-Jacques Rosseau, French political philosopher.


Do you really think we have a choice? Because if men were really born free, some would act 'human', some would run around on four legs like an animal, naked. Some would fight all the time. Some would give new meaning to the phrase 'no man is an island', because I honestly think that's bullshit. If a homo sapien were to be brought into this world all alone, with no companionship whatsoever, and did not know there EXISTED such a thing as companionship.. I don't think he or she would be missing out on anything at all. How do you know how to feel lonely if you do not know such a feeling even exists? Perhaps you would think tinkering with non-inanimate objects is what Life is all about.

Life is what you make of it. That's the most meaningful and truthful phrase IMO. Coz Life is not rock solid. There is no real shape nor form to it. If you want it to be this way it will. If you want it to be nothing, it will. So long as you're happy with nothing, I don't think it really matters because Happiness is so subjective. Why do you think masochists and sadists exist?

I see my chains clearly in the day, and I hear them clinking loudly as they rub against my skin at night.

Do you?







0 comments: